Thursday, September 16, 2010

From the Couch

Well, it's been quite a week here in the Purdy house. On Monday at lunch I started bleeding a lot. We freaked out. We jumped in the car with the boys and drove (like a race car according to owen) to the doctor's office. Found out pretty soon that the baby is ok and that I have a "full" placenta previa. They admitted me for 24 hours to monitor me and the baby. Since I am not in preterm labor and the bleeding stopped, they let me come home. I am on bed rest for an indefinite amount of time. They will deliver at 36 or 37 week by c-section if we make it that long. If I have another bleeding episode that doesn't stop then they will need to deliver then.

So. That is a lot to take in, isn't it? I have to say that peace was very present the first day. Now it's harder. It's hard to sit on the couch all day long and watch Matt and my parents(boy am I thankful for them!) wrangle the boys and do the dishes and fold the laundry and clean up poop from Baxter's room after rest time, ETC. It's hard to feel fine but still have to sit still. You can pray for me to have patience and endurance for what could be 12 1/2 more weeks of this. You can pray that I'd see what I"m doing as very important for our baby girl's health and for my health. You can pray that Matt would have everything he needs to be a daddy/husband/pastor. It's a lot for him!! You can pray for the boys as they come to grips with the limits of having a mommy on bed rest.

Most of all, you can pray that I'd believe that God is good and that He loves me and that He has ordained these days for our good and His glory. That alone will carry us through!

I hope to post thoughts from the couch as time goes on.

3 comments:

VGS said...

i'm so happy your parents can be there to help out. hoepfully you can have some sweet couch snuggles with your boys. :)

Danielle said...

I look forward to your musings from the couch! I can imagine it is tough to kind of sit back and watch. Hang in there! I'll be praying for all of you and this sweet baby girl!

carrie dirks said...

Wow...what a difficult circumstance and scary too! You all will be in my prayers, may our Lord continue to comfort and uphold you.