Saturday, September 18, 2010

From the Couch - sweet snuggles

One sweet thing that has happened since I have been put on bed rest is the opportunity to have some sweet snuggles with my boys. A friend had mentioned that this would be a great time for that, and I hadn't really thought it would happen since they boys were a bit off the first few days. Last night and this morning I had some really sweet times with Owen.

Last night we snuggled on the couch while Matt put Baxter to sleep. Owen had his arm around my shoulders/neck and we watched some Seeds Family Worship videos about casting your cares on the Lord and not being anxious about anything. It was a blessing to me in many ways!

Then this morning, he sat real close and READ TO ME (mostly) "Fox in Socks" by Dr. Seuss. It was a delight!

So today I'm thankful for those times even though I wish I could be out picking up the van from the shop with my family. Glad God gives us those things to hang on to in the midst of the storm!

2 comments:

Artsdeco said...

beautiful blog..please visit mine and be a follower..
Wallpapers for blogger : http://artsdco.blogspot.com/

scs said...

sweet, indeed! so encouraging to see God enabling you to have a bigger perspective amidst this trial. the Sawyers are praying for you and baby girl and hoping life on the couch continues to bring unexpected blessings!