Saturday, October 15, 2011

"I do homeschool."

We had our first run-in with someone who put Owen on the spot about school. He handled it so well - I was very proud of his courage and boldness! We were leaving Costco after a quick shopping trip before picking Baxter up from preschool. The lady at the door (who checks your receipt to be sure you're not stealing anything) looked at Owen, and very loudly said to him, "What are you doing here? Shouldn't you be at school?!" I paused, seeing that he was processing what he was saying. He simply, yet boldly, said "I do homeschool!" She looked and him and then looked at me and said something like "Well, good for you! Have a great day!" I don't know what she was thinking, but she was very kind in response to him.

I was just so proud of him - he does well with adults he knows, but is often very quiet with other adults. He just looked her in the eye and answered her question - confident in how he is being schooled. It was neat!

Thank you Lord for our precious son! May he always be brave and bold for you and your kingdom!!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

How neat and encouraging! I know you are so proud of your sweet boy.