Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Celebrating 90 years part 2

Last summer, my Grandpa turned 90 years old and we journeyed North to New Jersey to celebrate. This summer, my Grandma turned 90. We again journeyed North to celebrate with my Grandma and my extended family. Unfortunately, I don't have any pictures from the party, but my favorite moment was watching my grandparents standing side by side behind her birthday cake and my Grandpa leading us all in singing Happy Birthday to Grandma. Who would have known they would have the joy and blessing of walking through life with each other for so many years? It was a real joy to be a part of that! On our way to New Jersey, we went a little further north and spent a few days in my hometown in Connecticut with my brother and his family. We enjoyed some great cousin time, yummy food and lots of parks! It was a great sneak peak into Cousins Camp which was a few weeks later! Breakfast with cousins in PJs...does it get much better than that?!
Rising 1st Grade cousins reading "Where's Waldo?" together.
One of the fun parks in Ridgefield that we enjoyed.
THE BEST Chicken Parm grinder EVER is from Genoa Pizza in Ridgefield, CT. Matt was so overcome by the whole display that he took a picture. It is so good. Thanks for the treat Brett and Carolyn! We need to find a way to ship it here...

No comments: