Monday, August 27, 2012

Back to School!

Today was the first day of school for us! It went really well - a lot of the things I was worried about were not as hard as I feared! I think it's going to be a great school year, but I am going to be one tired Momma! Phew! Owen did a great job with his new 1st grade material - he didn't even whine or complain once about the handwriting he had to do (which was more than K, and in K he complained about it a lot!!). He was joyful and engaged with it and it was neat to see. Baxter was busy as always, but he did settle into a few of the things I had for him. He got really into an activity where he had to color in 6 apples (A is the letter of the week, and A is for apple) and cut them out and glue them on a brown bag I cut out of construction paper. He did great with it! Lucy enjoyed the toys I set out for her, took a short nap, and then did pretty well post-nap. She was a little clingy, I think she missed me. I missed her too! I will continue to figure out how to love her and not just shover her in the corner with fun puzzles and toys while we are in school. It is a joy and a privilege (and a LOT of work!) to be these kids teacher. It is neat to watch them learn and grow and just to spend time with them. Three sweet things that happened today were Baxter telling Owen he is a genius, Owen reading a book to Lucy, and Owen telling me that Rhode Island is the 50th largest state in the US with a sweet smirk and giggle during his silent reading time while he was reading a book about the United States. Here are some pictures capturing our kiddos on the first day of school. My how they have grown! Owen - 1st Grade
Baxter - PreK
Lucy - Teeny Tot :)
Me and the kids

No comments: