Monday, November 29, 2010

From the Couch - well, from the hospital bed

Some of you have heard this already, but we are back in the hospital. I am doing well and so is Lucy which we are very grateful for! I had some bleeding yesterday (hadn't bled for 11 weeks! yay bed rest!). I spent 24 hours in labor and delivery. The bleeding stopped and some contractions I was having have also stopped. So now we are back in a waiting game - now in the hospital instead of at home. Most likely we will now deliver at 36 weeks (7 days) instead of 37 weeks (test scheduled for Monday 12/6 to determine Lucy's lung maturity). Of course, at any time that could change if my condition or Lucy's changes. They moved me to antepartum, which is more comfortable and quiet, I'm thankful for that. I had an ultra sound today that shows she is roughly 5 lbs. 12 oz! Grow Lucy Grow!!

Please support us in prayer in these ways:
-perseverance - Matt and I are ready to be done, and this new hospital detail makes it harder. Please pray we'd trust God's presence and purpose and hope and joy in all of this! Pray for us as we wait - that we'd lean hard into the Lord!
-pray for our boys - matt's parents are here to help through Wed, and then my parents will come wed - wed. Pray that they'd do well with their grandparents and that they'd have much grace with each other and just in dealing with life in general
-pray for Lucy - that her lungs especially would continue to develop more and more every day so that we can deliver next week instead of waiting longer.

We'll keep you posted...

2 comments:

Nat and Shannon said...

Kristen, we continue to pray for you, Matt, the boys and Lucy! The Lord is faithful and he will give each of you the strength to persevere!

Danielle said...

Praying for you and your little Lucy!