Saturday, November 20, 2010

From the Couch - no news is good news

It's been a while since I've posted anything - mostly because November has FLOWN by and there has not been any new news to report. In this case, no news is good news! Each of my appointments have gone well - Lucy is growing, and I am healthy and that is great! I start going to the doctor each week now, so we may have more to update as the weeks go by.

The boys and I made a paper chain (with help from our friend Anne Winston) the other day to help us count down the days until Lucy is scheduled to arrive. We now have 26 days to go. We will be 34 weeks tomorrow, and the c-section is scheduled for 37 1/2 weeks. Keep praying! God is good and faithful!

There have been more days recently where we are just done with all of this, but He is good to meet us there and provide grace or strength or Truth about who He is and what He is doing, and that has gotten us through those days.

We've also had some fun family visits in the last week (matt's little sister Megan and her husband Kevin and then my parents) and we are looking forward to Thanksgiving here at our house with Matt's parents, his brother Mark and my parents. We're getting Martins/Ukrops to cook for us, so we'll still get to enjoy a yummy Turkey dinner :)

Here is a picture of B from a trip to Target with my dad. They had fun together. My dad was tasked with finding some funny things including prenatal vitamins, iron pills, newborn diapers and paci's. He noted how helpful the MANY pregnant ladies that were in Target that morning were. It's a great place to hang out! :) He did a great job! Thanks Dad!

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Love picturing your cute dad in the baby section-- hang in there, Purdies!

Unknown said...

I quickly looked at this picture, said "Owen is so cute" and then read the blog and realized it was Baxter! He's so grown up looking!

the reppard crew said...

yay for the lucy chain! love it! ;)