Saturday, March 02, 2013

Great book!

I started into a new book at bagel time this morning. It is called "Loving the Little Years - Motherhood in the trenches" by Rachel Jankovic. Pick up a copy of this if you are a mom with young kids or will be someday! It is really great- simple, short chapters, funny but oh so biblical and true.

At one point she talks of how joyous and easy life as a Christian was as a teen with hours to spend in the Word in a quiet room. "Here, (life as a busy mom as opposed to life with Christ as a teen) it is not so easy to feel godly, because we spend our days crashing into each other and actually getting our problems addressed."

"As you deal with your children, deal with yourself always and first. This is what it looks like to walk with God as a mother."

"God treats us with great kindness as we fail daily. He takes the long view of our sin - knowing that every time we fail and repent, we grow in our walk with Him."

I appreciate her realness about just how crazy and trying life with many little people is. Not that life with big kids or no kids is not also trying, life with little ones is trying in a unique way just as life without little ones is trying in its own unique ways. She is simply addressing the trying and crazy I live in every day. I am thankful for her gospel application to my heart and then to my kids. I look forward to reading and learning from this.

Thankful God has created some with the gift of writing so the rest of us can benefit from reading and pondering it.

Thankful most of all that He is with me in the trenches of motherhood to walk beside me, to transform me and to transform my kids!

No comments: