Saturday, October 09, 2010

From the Couch - Middle Child

I have felt over the last few weeks that our sweet Baxter has taken the brunt of all of this the hardest. He was in a rough spot being 2 1/2 years old before I was put on bedrest, and it seems that it's just been made worse since then. I often feel like I am loving and caring for our little girl at the expense of our middle child. It's hard to see how hard things can be for him and I am often not in a position to help. It's been hard to trust that God is actually caring for Baxter. Matt was encouraged by a friend at church whose wife was on bedrest off and on for TWO YEARS that our boys won't remember these days. That was helpful. You can pray for Baxter to grow in his joy and peace and trust in God and for us as we seek to love him in limited ways. AND most of all that we'd trust the Lord to love and care for all of us in this time. He is good and He is faithful and He is loving and we need to remember that. His goodness and faithfulness and love don't depend on our circumstances. They are true no matter what circumstances we find ourselves in! Isn't that good news?

Here is a picture of the two of us the morning before my bleeding started. It's amazing how much a few hours can change your life! Or at least your year.

2 comments:

VGS said...

well he sure is CUTE! we'll be more diligent in praying for Mr. Baxter while we continue to pray for you and LGP.

Ali said...

I can attest to that too. My boys have never once said anything about my bed rest. If I mention it, they look at me with puzzled faces.