Wednesday, October 20, 2010

From the Couch - Doctors Appointment

I got to see the outside world yesterday for another doctors appointment. It was fun to be out, but not nearly as fun as you'd imagine after being in the house for 2 weeks. Strange I know.

Anyway, we had a great appointment with my doctor who I really love. She is so patient and knowledgeable and helpful. We are 29 weeks along, and the hope is to make it to 37 weeks at which point we'll have a c-section. We have tentatively set that date for December 14. Two things could change that plan: 1) if I start to bleed at any point they will deliver Lucy then to prevent a more serious bleed...thus the need to be on bed rest and 2) if at my next ultrasound (Nov. 5) shows that the placenta has moved to where it "should" be, then we'd reevaluate and go ahead for a normal delivery whenever I went into labor.

SO... you can continue to pray that Lucy Grace would grow and grow and that she'd stay put where she is until 37 weeks or beyond! You can also pray that God would move the location of the placenta so that we don't have to do a c-section. Pray for perseverance and joy in the midst of it all and that we'd trust Him with all of these details.

We've gone ahead and gotten a lot of things ready for her just in case we don't make it to 37 weeks- Matt set up the crib last night, and we're going to do some decorating this weekend, washing the car seat, etc. It's nice to know it will be done and we wont' have to worry about it, but it makes me want to meet her all the more!

No comments: