Saturday, February 06, 2010

Some School

We have not been doing quite as much school at home the last couple of weeks. I had a bad stomache bug and our printer is not cooperating. Between the two of those things, we are just doing more day by day projects and such. But, we did manage to do a few things that I thought I'd post.

The Letter C
"Children obey your parents in all things, for this is well pleasing to the Lord." Col. 3:20

We have been using a book by Susan Hunt - The ABC's of God's Word - to direct our choice of a verse for every letter of the alphabet. We generally do one project on the verse and then one on the letter itself. I have been putting Owen's verse projects in a binder that he'll have when we're done to go back through to help him further remember these verses. I am constantly encouraged and challenged at how applicable and convicting and challenging God's word is! Every week we focus on a verse there are multiple chances that God gives us to use that verse to help and teach ourselves and our kids!









I saw this on some homeschool blog that I was looking at. I forget which one it was. The hardest part was drawing straight lines that were at least somewhat equally spaced out. It was one of those that I thought would last a while. O was done with it in 3 minutes flat. SO...we took off all of the clothes pins. Turned them upside down. He had to pick one and then find where it went out of order. Still didn't take long, but he loved it. I put it away for now and we'll get it out again someday.







No comments: