Monday, October 26, 2009

A few more weeks of school

The last two weeks we have still been doing some school at home, it's been a little more low key which has been good. But I am amazed that God has still provided us with a lot of great conversations about what we've been learning. We have seen God use it in Owen and also in our relationship with him. We are thankful!

The Armor of God -

Here is a song we made up:
"Be Strong in the Lord, Be strong in the Lord, don't be a weak boy, just be strong, in the Lord." Not too fancy, but catchy. I heard him singing it today during naptime. It's the most simple truth that we are not to be strong in ourselves, but in the Lord (Eph. 6), but so hard to live out! It's provided for great help in helping Owen not give in when things are hard and to persevere. We made a "belt of truth". Every time the boys put them on they just start running around the house. I guess it makes them feel strong :)



(This one makes me think of some pics I have seen of Matt as a little boy.)







The Lord's Prayer
(Matthew 6)
I used this technique I saw on someone's blog. You write out the whole text and then you write a few words on small pieces of paper. They have to match the words and glue them on. The glue is the most fun for O!





1 comment:

Melissa said...

I am loving your school posts. One day I will have my act together enough to sit down and actually copy your ideas.
And, yes, that shot of O DEFINITELY resembles his daddy!