Monday, February 20, 2012

SNOW DAY!!

So this homeschool family decided to declare this a "SNOWY PRESIDENT'S DAY" and take the day off! Owen was really excited about the idea of having a day off of school and so we just went with it! I loved that we could spend an hour out in the snow playing with out worrying about getting back inside to get started with school. We did end up reading a book and doing an activity sheet about President's Day - but that is fun school :) and O didn't seem to mind.

The boys helped Matt clean the cars off before he went to work and then played in the snow for a lot longer than they normally have. It helps to have hand me down snow gear so they were nice and warm instead of wet and cold!

B loved carrying the little shovel around and O loved falling down in the snow and having the snow drip off the trees on him. They are so different! I had to fight my northern pride that was telling me "this isn't snow...it's 4 inches...this is nothing and it will be melted by noon!" To them, it was everything. Owen kept saying "mommy, look how far it comes up on me, it's so deep!" "Yes son, it is :)". Lucy liked it more than I expected - except when she tipped over backwards because she was so bundled up...she didn't prefer that!!

Thankful for one snow day this year - now spring can come! I hear it is supposed to be upper 60s later in the week, I like the sound of that!











2 comments:

Danielle said...

Such sweet pictures! I love Lucy's hat!!

Amanda K. said...

oh my goodness they look so sweet in their hats! i'm so glad they still fit :)