Wednesday, February 08, 2012

Reading

Matt loves reading most of all in our home. Owen comes in a very close second place. Lucy is in third place (just this week she has started to get a book off of the bookshelf and crawl to you and hold it up like "please read this to me!" So sweet!). I think I am in fourth place (As long as I have a captivating book with great characters. Right now I'm reading "Unbroken - a WW 2 story of survival, resilience and redemption." It's great.). Baxter probably comes in fifth place - though his lack of love for reading is more that he can't quite read and I think that frustrates him. Once he can figure out the words I think he too will really enjoy it.

Anyway...

Here are some pics of an impromptu reading time this week. We are supposed to have silent reading, mommy reading aloud and Owen reading aloud as part of our school day each day. It often gets skipped simply because we read during so many other parts of the day! I need to keep it as part of our day more often, but I do love that they will pick up books randomly through the day.





1 comment:

Laurie B. said...

Wow! Can he read a magic treehouse book? That is really great! Good job Owen!