Thursday, December 02, 2010

From the Hospital - good and bad things

Just for "fun" I thought I'd write some of the good things as well as some of the bad things from my days in the hospital...

GOOD THINGS:
-I found out today that I can order Chick-Fil-A for lunch!
-I really enjoy talking with all of the nurses about books and life and such - makes me want to hang out with them when we are done in here. One of my nurses today went to college with a friend of mine from High School, and one went to JMU and did Crusade (after our time).
-The nice lady who brings chocolate chip cookies by my room every afternoon.
-Sweet visits with the boys - working on a word find with Owen today in my hospital bed.
-Talking to the boys on speaker phone during dinner, hearing that Baxter made a tower of "St. Mary's Hospital"
-Mini date nights with Matt after he helps get the boys down at home - tonight we're having Starbucks!

BAD THINGS:
-being away from my family - missing those sweet moments and conversations and games of Crazy 8's
-hospital food - though I now have the inside scoop on how to order better food since I"m here "long term"
-eating, resting, hanging out and sleeping in the same bed all day.


Over all this time has gone quicker than I expected and has been full of more peace than I expected. We continue to pray that we'll find out we can meet Lucy at 4pm on Monday via a c-section after our 9:45am test that day. Please pray with us that God would grant that to us, and that if not that we'd have more peace to wait a bit longer.

1 comment:

carrie dirks said...

praying for you and your sweet family, can't wait to see pics of this new little girl!