Thursday, September 24, 2009

Homeschool Week 1 - Creation

So our homeschooling has begun - I have to be honest. I doesn't feel like school. Matt gently reminded me that this is what school looks like when you are 3. I do love to know that we have a purpose and a direction with our time at home. The days had started to feel so long and random. Each activity that I planned out for the week took about 1/4 of the time I expected it to, so I'll need to give more thought to that. So far, it's gone well. We have enjoyed learning about creation this week and doing various activities using that as our focus. Here are a few of the things that we did. Please keep praying for wisdom and guidance for me and for sweet times with O and B. I am not sure if I'll post from every week, but I"ll try to keep you up to date with how it's going. If you have any ideas of things you have enjoyed doing with your kiddos recently, please let me know!

Monday:
Read creation story from The Big Picture Story Bible.
God made all things collage.
ABC's of God's world. (my favorites from this were G - ground, T - toes V - volcano)
Music time singing the songs we know about God making us or all things.



Here are the boys and all of their animals that God made.



A new version of the mighty fortress - Mighty Fortress God's world! (Notice all of the animals God made are now in the world)



Thursday:
Read the creation story out of the Jesus Story Book Bible
Color/assemble Owen's own creation book (found worksheets for this online).
B colored his own sheets.
We also had some animal/plant/world mix and match cards that O could organize or play with.









2 comments:

carrie dirks said...

Great work Kristen! Those boys are sure blessed to have a mommy that loves them so well.

Dan said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.