Saturday, February 02, 2013

Prayer for our kids

This morning during my "bagel time" I was reading my yearly Bible and I read Proverbs 6:20-23. It became my prayer for my kids as they "get older" and face a life of choices - will they walk with God or turn from Him, etc.

20 My son, keep your father's commandment, and forsake not your mother's teaching.
21 Bind them on your heart always; tie them around your neck.
22 When you walk, they will lead you; when you lie down, they will watch over you; and when you awake, they will talk with you.
23 For the commandment is a lamp and the teaching a light, and the reproofs of discipline are the way of life.

Oh how I want this for my boys (and Lucy when she gets older). I know they are still young, but I see them chose to not keep and to forsake our teaching each day and that is a small window into their hears. They need God to work in them so that as they get older they chose to walk with God so that they chose to keep our teaching because it is (hopefully) teaching them the ways of the Gospel. Of faith and repentance. Of holy living that stems from that faith and that is anchored in God and His love for them.

Lord work! We need you. They need you.

No comments: