Saturday, June 12, 2010

School is out for summer

We have taken quite a break from school at home since O got out of preschool in mid-May. I plan to do some fun activities from time to time over the summer (like making popsicles), but won't do our normal school stuff until the fall. I think :) Here are the last few letters that we did. I am missing a picture of H (Honor your father and your mother), but here is G, I, and J. It stands out to me as I look back a month at these pictures that there is nothing too spectacular or creative about the picture themselves, but I hope and pray that God uses them to impress His Word on the hearts of our boys! That is what would be spectacular!

G - "Go into ALL the world and preach the gospel to every creature." Mark 16:15. I printed out a simple map with the verse printed on the bottom. I then printed out some pictures of missionaries we are friends with. I drew a shape on various parts of the map near where they serve and drew the same shape on the corresponding picture. Owen matched the shapes and glued the pictures on.



I - "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phil. 4:13. I had written out the verse and drawn a cross on the paper. MY plan was to take the shapes Owen had cut out and write different things that we can do in Christ's strength (obey mommy, love Baxter, be kind to my friends...). OWEN'S idea was to glue all of the shapes on a write numbers on them...big numbers and little numbers...like something we had done a year ago. SO...I chose to be flexible and we went with O's plan. Sometimes a mommy has to flex a little bit, as hard as it is!



J - "Jesus said to him, 'I am the way, the truth, and the life.'" We talked about what the way, the truth and the life were, and how Jesus is all of those things for us. Then, we made these "compasses." The directions on the compass are not your typical North, South, East and West, but rather The Way, The Truth, and The Life.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Wow-- craziness to think that we're some of your 'missionary friends'-- doesn't seem real at all.