Monday, July 13, 2009

Encouraging Paragraph

I just sat down to read a few pages of "Instructing a Child's Heart" by Ted and Margy Tripp. It's awesome!

I only got through one paragraph. What a great encouragement to keep at it with our kiddos. It is God's design and it will bring God's blessing!

"There are innumerable spiritual blessings for children who live under God's structures of authority (parents/teachers...). They learn that God is good and kind. They learn that creatures find happiness as they know and trust God. They understand that the true nature of freedom is not autonomy (being a law to myself), but joyfully walking in God's laws. They learn to trust God to work through their parents to bring blessing to their lives. They learn that true joy is not having my own way, but following the will of God. They learn that living at God has ordained is the best life a created being can have."

Need I say more?!

This is just what I needed to hear today - as I feel that Owen AND Baxter have been trying to throw off our authority as their parents a lot in the last few days. What a blessing to know the result of keeping at it. What a reminder that we are to be good and kind in the way we parent. What a reminder of the richness of the Gospel at work in our lives and in the lives of our precious children. Thank You Jesus!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Thanks for that!