Thursday, April 09, 2009

Easter Mountain Update

Here is an encouraging/funny update about the Easter Mountain.

So, on Tuesday, the scripture we read was Mark 14 about Jesus praying in the Garden of Gethsemane. At one point, Jesus is praying "not my will, but yours Lord" to God. He is submitting His will to the will of His Father in Heaven. I saw this is a great parallel to Owen's need to submit to Matt and I as his parents. We talked all through this and moved on for the day.

Yesterday we were driving in the car and Owen was having a hard time. We got to talking about this story from the Easter Mountain, and Owen was able to apply that this was a chance to say "not my will, but yours mommy." Precious, encouraging, wonderful...

Today we were trying to get ready to go to the library. I asked Owen to come sit down so that I could put his shoes on. He would not and ran away laughing. I was trying to show him how he was disobeying and that his response SHOULD have been "not my will, but yours mommy." Owen replied "No! MY will mommy!" Yikes!

SO, while Owen is learning a lot and processing through a lot, he is still in great need of the work of Jesus in his heart and life. We are thankful for little glimpses into this and we pray and pray and pray for the Lord to be gracious to Owen and to cause him to believe in Him.

It is amazing how night and day those two experiences are. Isn't that what we all experience though? What a GREAT need we have for a GREAT Savior! Here is a song that is a reminder about what a GREAT Savior we do have (There is a Redeemer, Keith Green).

There is a redeemer,
Jesus, gods own son,
Precious lamb of god, messiah,
Holy one,

Jesus my redeemer,
Name above all names,
Precious lamb of god, messiah,
Oh, for sinners slain.

Thank you oh my father,
For giving us your son,
And leaving your spirit,
til the work on earth is done.

When I stand in glory,
I will see his face,
And there Ill serve my king forever,
In that holy place.

Thank you oh my father,
For giving us your son,
And leaving your spirit,
til the work on earth is done.

No comments: