Saturday, January 22, 2011

Smell

Yesterday Owen had a field trip to the pediatric ER at the hospital I was at, St. Mary's Hospital. When I picked him up, I could smell the soap that they have in the hospital. My first reaction was a fondness - oh, remember when Lucy was born, how sweet she was, etc. etc. As the afternoon wore on, the smell of the soap was not going away. The longer I could smell the soap, the more I remembered how hard it was to be away from my family before Lucy was born, washing up to go into the NICU to see Lucy hooked up to all of the monitors, etc. etc. It's amazing what a smell can do! I am so thankful to be home using our Walmart Anti-Bacterial Foaming Soap!

1 comment:

the reppard crew said...

Kristen! I literally had a similar conversation with my mom this weekend . . . the sanitizer that she used was the same as they have at the hospital, and the smell brought me right on back. Crazy!