Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Two other Easter ideas

It is so tough to figure out the right balance of SPRING celebrations and EASTER prep/celebration. They are both fun and good. I hope that in the midst of the Easter Egg hunts, budding trees, 80 degree weather, jelly beans and mini eggs (my favorite!!) we don't forget that this weekend there is something else that we are celebrating. There is great joy in spring and all of the fun that comes with it, but what greatER joy there is in the fact that Jesus died for us WHILE WE WERE STILL SINNERS. Not only did He die for us, but three days later He ROSE AGAIN! I feel like I grasp 5% of the amazing reality of what we are celebrating, but thankful that it's great no matter how much I grasp it or don't grasp it.

Here are a few more of our projects this week to help focus our hearts and minds on what this weekend means for us.

Owen came home from school with a few Easter eggs and so we added to the collection (he would draw the egg and "decorate it" and I'd cut it out) and taped them on our back door into a cross shape.





A little dancing to "To Be Like Jesus." Note how fired up B is.






This is called a "wordless book." Originally it was used by Charles Spurgeon (from what I gather). I found helpful info HERE. We basically punched holes at the top of each color of paper and glued a Bible verse on the back of each sheet to have a reference to what the color should remind you of (Black = sin, red=jesus' blood shed for us, white=being made clean, white as snow, yellow=heaven, that because of Jesus, we will be there with God one day, and green=growing in grace). If you'd like more specifics, let me know! (NOTE: This is NOT a good one for a 2 year old, at least not my 2 year old. B ripped his a part rather quickly. Maybe a laminated version would be better for him!)





No comments: