Monday, December 14, 2009

Advent

Phew! I think it was before Thanksgiving that I last posted. Sorry about that!

We had a great visit to Harrisonburg for Thanksgiving. It was great to have some time with my brothers and their families and my parents. The kiddos got a long GREAT! Here are a couple shots my dad took while we were there.






Now that we are back, we are in full swing with Advent. I think that this is the first year that I am getting it! I have always thought of Advent as the time you need to get through to get to Christmas. There are some fun things you can do, but it's just a glorified countdown until 12/25. Right?! Well, this year, I have been seeing just how great Advent is BECAUSE it is preparing my heart for why there is joy at Christmas.

We have a Jesse Tree book and tree that we have used since Owen was born. (I did not make the ornaments, I was part of a Bible Study in Charlotte and we all made it together.) Each day is a different thing that points us to the greatness of Jesus and His birth as a baby that we celebrate on Christmas. It fills in the why of His birth and life and death and resurrection. I am so thankful for it in my own heart, let alone the hearts of our children!

We are really excited for Christmas - 10 more days to go on our count. And I'm thankful that our joy is more full this year than last in what it means that Jesus came and lived as a man to die for us and for our sins, to bring us to the Father. What good news of great joy that is! (Luke 2:10)






No comments: