Saturday, February 07, 2009

Talking with Owen

Owen and I had a few moments together last night when I was putting him to bed. Baxter was already asleep and Matt was out at the new members class at church.

Owen and I had read a few Bible stories as his nigh-night story (We LOVE this series of Bible stories called "Read Aloud Bible Stories" by Lindvall ). In one of the stories, Jesus heals a blind man. The man can now see Jesus. I was struck with the fact that one day we too will see Jesus. So I am trying to explain to my sweet almost 3 year old that one day, Jesus will come and take us to His home way high sky in heaven with God. He was asking very sweet questions about Jesus driving His car and we'll drive our car; Jesus bringing His bed to our house... He's really big into asking where things are (Gramma and Grampa's house, Grams and Grampops house, Kyle and Jenny's house...).

Then came the funniest one yet. Owen said, "Mommy, is heaven by Panera?"

It was sweet to watch him try to process all that I was telling him. What a joy to know that we will truly see Jesus one day and it will all make sense - Panera or no Panera! What a great savior He is!

2 comments:

VGS said...

i've been to that panera! i think heaven is closer to the maggie moos though :)

Melissa said...

HA! Precious. I am forwarding this to Shanna Davis bc she LOVES Panera.

And after this I will stop forwarding your blog.