Friday, February 14, 2014

Valentines




This year Valentines day was so full - I normally don't like this day, but I think God gave me new eyes to see the many layers of love celebrated today. 

We awoke to heart shaped banana chocolate chip muffins for breakfast. Also on the table were two new traditions. A tissue paper wrapped book as a gift and a card with two special chocolate candies for each kiddo. I remember waking up to cards and candies on valentines day as a child. It is a joy to love our kids and to have a chance to tell them that!!

At school today we talked about God's love for us - and that it is the basis and foundation and power for our love of each other. Today is primarily and ultimately about His love for us shown in Christ. 

Tonight we celebrated dinner out with our sweet kiddos. Family time. 

Matt brought me a red rose to remember that I am his bride still nearly 12 years later. 

It was a full day. 

I am thankful. 

This year valentines day was more than wondering if Matt would bring home a dozen roses or not. More than wishing we had a date night. More than candy hearts. It was not full of unrealistic expectations. Instead it was full of remembering and rejoicing in God's love and enjoying those He has given me to love. 



No comments: