Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Day by day

We sang this song at our evening worship service on Sunday. It had a beautiful tune, but the content of the words is what really stood out to me. It speaks of the presence and action of God in and for us each day, each minute, each hour. As I start of another busy day I thought it would be important to revisit the lyrics and meditate on who God is for me and what He is at work doing in His world today.

"Every day The Lord himself is near me with a special mercy for each hour."

How I need His mercy each hour. Often in a different way each hour - patience with my kids as they wake up cranky or demanding, perseverance to walk with them and help them every part of the day, strength to work hard during their rest time to get chores done, faith to see God at work and God able to work in my heart and theirs even though we struggle with the same things every day...etc etc.

If you can click on the picture and zoom in, I think you too will b encouraged by what you find is true of God this day and every day! If you can't see it you can also google it and find it, the title is, "Day by Day and With Each Passing Moment."

No comments: