Thursday, January 18, 2007

Swimming!

Tuesday was Family Day. This was our first whole day without school, work, or traveling in a LONG time. We were looking forward to it quite a bit. One of the elements we planned into our day off was a trip to the YMCA to take Owen to the pool. The only time he'd been "in" the water was when we dipped his feet in the ocean and pool this summer at the beach. He wasn't thrilled! So we weren't sure what he'd think.

We'll let the pictures tell the story.

Here is Owen in his bathing suit before we left for the Y. He doesn't know what's coming his way.




Here is a picture that perfectly captures how he felt at first - very unsure! He wasn't crying, but certainly not happy.



Here he is willing to sit in the water and pat it with his hands, but he's still very timid.



By the end he was loving it! He would crawl around in the super shalow section, and he and daddy waded out to the "deep" level at 2ft.



Owen is getting mommy and me swimming lessons for his birthday, we look forward to more fun in the pool!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Owen--I am so impressed that you went in the pool! I think the time I spent in the ocean at the beach is enough swimming for me for my whole life. I'll just stick with my baths. I miss you! love Anna Rose