Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Baptism Sunday




This Past Sunday was Baptism Sunday in the Purdy House. Two of us were baptized! Owen and Kristen. When we were talking about Owen's upcoming baptism about 2 months ago, Matt and I realized that I have never been baptized - what I thought was a baptism when I was 3 was really a baby dedication. So, I got to get baptized the same day as our sweet son. It was a great day- both sets of grandparents were able to come for the weekend, Owen did great! Matt's professor (who is also one of our pastors), Mike Kruger, was able to perform the baptisms. It was a neat opportunity for me to reflect back on the ways that I have seen the Lord work in my life to save me, as well as a day to baptize Owen into the Covenant Community. Please join us in praying for Owen - that he'd embrace the faith from an early age, and that God would give Matt and I the strength and wisdom to love and teach and shepherd our little son.

As a side note - after Owen was baptized, I took him down to the church nursery and changed him so that he wouldn't get his outfit dirty. I forgot at the time that we were taking pictures after church was over. SO - the pictures we have do not have Owen in his outfit for his baptism, rather his polo romper. Oh well!

1 comment:

Virtuous said...

Wow! I love the blog Kristen!
It helps me to stay in touch since we really don't talk that much anymore! :o(

My Owen has completely changed since I saw him last at the office!

He is so PRECIOUS!

You, Owen, and Matt are in my prayers.

Thanks for sharing your blog!
I love reading them!! :o)

Stacey